We are a respected family-owned General Contractor in Anchorage. Fire and Flood Services has served the property restoration needs of residential and commercial clients for 30 years. We provide 24 hr. emergency services for fire, flood, theft and vandalism. Our teams work a rotation schedule for on call / after hours work. All applicants should live within the Anchorage Municipality and have reliable transportation to meet this on call need.
We are seeking an experienced carpenter that can perform work with a high level of detail and integrity. Someone that can work well with others, on their own and has good mentorship qualities when working with less skilled laborers. This position requires a high standard of professionalism and strong work ethic. Applicants must be reliable and understand the balance of speed and accuracy while building a team atmosphere. The ability to effectively communicate with customers, coordinators, subcontractors and suppliers is a must have for this role.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor and enforce work quality, job-site safety and housekeeping standards for all staff on-site
- Maintain daily logs and coordinate schedules with the Project Coordinator
- Act as team lead and encourage the company standards and policies
- Work independently to complete the job from a written job scope, plans and on budget
Qualifications and Skills
- Rough framing and Finish Carpentry
- Insulation and Drywall Finish Work
- Painting and Finishing
- Window and Door Installation (Interior and Exterior)
- Cabinet and fixture Installation
- Thorough understanding of residential remodeling/commercial repair process
- Construction knowledge
- Knowledge of current municipal building codes is a plus
- Be able to effectively communicate with customers , subcontractors and suppliers
- Able to run efficient, well-organized job-sites from start to finish
- Be reliable, customer-oriented and willing to be part of the Fire and Flood team
- Physically capable and willing to work in PPE and to perform labor-intensive work
- Reliable transportation and tools are required
- Background check and pre-employment drug screen are requirements of employment. Due to contracts with insurance contracts we will not be considering applicants with felony convictions
- Provide their own basic carpentry tools on the jobsite
- Competitive hourly wages with annual evaluations and consistent opportunity for growth
- Health Insurance (medical, dental) after 90 days are available
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Company provided fleet transportation during working hours
- Some work clothing and all PPE needed for safe work
Why work for Fire and Flood?
We offer great wages with annual evaluations, Medical Insurance benefits and opportunities for advancement within a growing company. There will be ongoing training opportunities and regular interface with the owners and coordinators.
How to Apply
1. Download an application here: Application for Employment
2. Fill out the application and submit to:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax: 907-561-2129
NO telephone applications accepted.
In person interview will be required.